To all school bus industry personnel,
If you are involved in any way with the transportation of school children, we hope that you will find the information and the corresponding links to be informative and of value. If you have any questions or concerns that are not addressed here, please feel free to contact us.
The main goal of our association is to provide useful and up-to-date training for the mechanics who work on school bus fleets. We accomplish this in a variety of ways:
- Work closely with the Ohio State Patrol bus inspection teams and co-sponsor annual state-wide School Bus Inspection Manual meetings.
- Team with the Ohio Pupil Transportation Association.
- We have representatives on the School Bus Construction Standards Committee.
- The association provides training with two state-wide workshops each year as well as many regional workshops throughout the year.
- Each region offers Regional Workshops at least two times during the year.
- The Spring Workshop will be held at the Ohio Department of Transportation in Columbus, Ohio, April 4, 2017.
- The 2017 Annual Workshop is scheduled for October 10 & 11, 2017.
- This two-day event also boasts a Vendor Exhibit Show with over 40 school bus industry vendors participating. This is a great opportunity to talk with some of your normal salesman and also perhaps to see some of the new products that are available.
- Please plan on booking a room at the DoubleTree as this helps us offset the cost of holding the workshop.
- Take advantage of the “Early Bird” registration and the option to pay for the workshop registration by credit card.
- “Monday Night Gathering” will take place October 9, 2017 to kick off the annual workshop and to celebrate 29 years of promoting safe & efficient pupil transportation in Ohio!
- “Tuesday Night Social Gathering” will take place on October 10, 2017. Hang out in and talk with fellow mechanics (guest/spouse invited). Mark your calendar now and plan on attending!
The Ohio Administrative Code 3301-83-10 states that all school bus mechanics must have a minimum of 4 hours of training each year. I would encourage all school bus mechanics in Ohio to attend our workshops to fulfill this training requirement. As we all know the school bus industry is ever evolving and therefore we strive to provide classes and instructors that will keep you current with valuable information and diagnostic techniques.
Bob Roth, President